Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get in touch with Paradise Herbs & Essentials?
- We request that you email us any questions or concerns you may have regarding our products using our online contact form. We encourage contact via email rather than by phone simply because our National Educators are constantly traveling throughout the US for presentations and trainings. They have extensive knowledge on all our products and for your convenience our office staff contacts them for you to make sure your questions are answered in detail and to your satisfaction. Please include your phone number for quicker response. For your convenience our toll free number is 800-691-2573
- Your ORAC products now say 40,000 ORAC. Is your formula different?
Label changes from 12,000 ORAC to 40,000 ORAC. Initially ORAC values were based on 1 oxide radical. But now with the new improved industry standard that can test total ORAC values (five oxide radicals), we updated our label to reflect that versus our previous label. Our formula has not changed, but the testing protocol has been upgraded and our product demonstrated over 40,000 total ORAC which is what is now reflected in our updated label. Of course our product is still Lab Certified by Brunswick Labs whom are experts in ORAC testing.
- Which of your products contain gluten?
Gluten concerns arise when wheat, barley and oat products are being used such as in our ORAC Energy greens and Protein & Greens. The wheat and barley juice powders used in our product are harvested from young grasses before the gluten containing endosperms develop and are considered by the suppliers to be gluten free. However there is always a chance for some gluten with these ingredients and growers do not want to guarantee otherwise. We have recently sent product out for gluten testing and we are still pending results. Previously we did this test and we came in with a result of 23ppm and in order to make a gluten FREE claim you have to be under 20ppm. It really also depends if a person is deathly allergic to gluten or just has a gluten sensitivity, in which the later would not have any reaction to such a small level, but we would not recommend the use of any wheat and barley grass for celiac as the risk factor is to great.
- Can I purchase your products directly?
Unfortunately we do not sell directly to the consumer. Please refer to our store locater to find a retailer near you.
- What are your vegetarian capsules made from?
- The vcaps are made from vegetable material.
- Are Any of Your Products Made In China?
All of our products are made in the USA, however we do source some herbs from pristine remote regions of China as these herbs are indigenous and provide the highest quality available.
- The ORAC-Energy® Greens container I purchased was only half full. Is this intentional?
- We understand your concern; our ORAC-Energy® Greens are made with a fluffy consistency and when the product settles through shipment and or settling on the shelf this is what happens. Although the container is half full you are still receiving the Orac Greens in weight. Which is what the guidelines are and we follow strictly.
- How should I store the ORAC-Energy® Greens?
Because our product is hydroscopic (absorbs moisture from its surrounding environment) we suggest storing it in a more dry area. The fridge has moisture and could possibly clump the product if not sealed tight enough. Clumping does not effect the potency but it does make it harder to mix.
- Do you use a cotton insert for your vitamins?
- We use a food grade cellophane (A thin, flexible, transparent cellulose material made from wood pulp used in food packaging and wrapping) with our liquid vcaps in place of cotton.
- Do you use fillers or binders in your products?
- We do NOT use any fillers or binders. We pride ourselves on the purity of our products and strive to deliver the greatest and purest products possible, just as nature intended.
- Do you add flavors or sweetners to your products?
- Our ORAC-Energy® Greens contain 1 gram of sugar. It is very low and from the antioxidant fruit extracts and naturally occurring polysaccharides that are good for helping to build the immune system. We do NOT add any flavors or sweeteners.
- Is it safe to give your product to a child?
- We highly recommend you speak with a medical practitioner before giving our formula to children. On a side note we are currently working on a children’s formula.
- Your capsules are colored instead of clear. Is this normal?
- Yes it is normal. The color added in the capsule is a vegetable chlorophyll that acts as a light barrier to better protect the ingredients.
- How long after opening your product does the potency remain at 100%?
- That would depend on a number of environmental factors, but generally if kept in a stable dry place it should be fine for a lot longer than the daily serving period.
- Can I purchase your product from a retailer outside the US?
- Unfortunately as of right now we do not have any distributors outside of the US. We recommend trying iHerb.com as they carry our products and ship outside the US.
- Are your products caffeine free?
- Our green tea leaves are picked very young when the caffeine levels are low. The finished extract only contains between 3-5% which is considered decaffeinated. So per capsule there is only about 7-12 mg. Consider this: the avg cup of coffee today contains 100 mg to 200 mg.
- I’m allergic to almonds, cashews, flax, soy, eggs & dairy. Can I still use your product?
- Yes you can
- Can I take your products during pregnancy?
- We would not recommend using any herbs during pregnancy without consulting a licensed medical practitioner.
- What is the MSM derived from in your OptiMSM product?
- We use optimsm. Here is a link to see the specifications.
- Do you test your products for pesticides?
- Our products are tested to be free of pesticides
- Do you use any magnesium stearate in any of your products??
- We do NOT use any flow agents or fillers such as magnesium stearate. Please refer to our link as to why we pride ourselves on delivering filler free products. Why we are filler free.
- Are your products free of solvents?
- We never say without solvents, just HARSH SOLVENTS. The only things we use are purified water and grain alcohol. NO HEXANE, ACETANE, METHANE….etc
- Can I still use your product after the expiration date?
- Probabilities are that it is fine, but our stability testing do not go beyond the exp date. We recommend purchasing another bottle.
- Are your herbalized concentrates standardized?
- Many of our extracts do have standardized marker compounds, but our philosophy is in keeping with an herbs constituents and not fractionizing out a “deemed” active compound. Therefore we concentrate the herb down as a whole, similar to reduction cooking, but without the temperature. In the end we are only looking to remove the indigestible fiber and concentrate all of the other compounds.
- Can I use hot water to mix your ORAC-Energy® Greens?
- It really depends on the temperature you’re using. Many of the ingredients used in our Greens are temperature controlled, so we do not recommend using hot water to mix our powders.
- I purchased your product a year ago, substance inside the caps now seem to be rock hard. Can I still take it?
Once the seal of a bottle is opened air and water in that air will get in. The herbal extracts can get hydroscopic from this water content (we are talking about very small particles of air and water here, much less than you take in a breath). This will only effect the product in appearance and not effectiveness.
- Do your Protein & Greens product contain calcium, and if so, how much per serving?
- It only contains about 2% of the rda based on a 2000 calorie diet. That is approx. 20 mg of naturally occurring calcium.
- Are any of your products enteric coated?
- None of our products are enteric coated
- Is your Panax Red Ginseng steamed in aconite and/or contain aconite?
- Our Ginseng does not contain aconite nor is it steamed with it. It is made in a closed vessel not allowing any components to escape.
- I own a retail store and would like to open a wholesale account with you. How do I do that?
Please refer to our Retail Materials section on our website.
- Our store is not listed on your “Store Locator”. Whom do I contact about this?
- Simply use our Contact Form and let us know the name of your store, address and phone number. We will add your store to our locator within 24 hours of receiving your email.